In general, confined space regulations require all employers to have:
- A written confined space plan, including recognizing and marking all confined spaces on site.
- Procedures to test and monitor the air inside confined spaces before and during all employee entries.
- Procedures to prevent unauthorized entries and to have an attendant outside the space at all times.
- Effective controls of all existing atmospheric or safety hazards inside the confined space.
- Employee and supervisor training on safe work procedures, hazard controls, and rescue procedures.
- Effective rescue procedures which are immediately available on site.